Among the line of issues users encounter, Windows update error 0x80070057 is quite common. Microsoft Windows comes in handy advanced features and specifications. However, you might come across some technical glitches over time. If you are getting error code 0x80070057, probably you are facing an update failure. Regardless of the version you are using such as Vista, 7, 8, 10,this problem can trouble you more often.If you are stuck with this issue, then this article can be your saviour.
The Windows update Error 0x80070057 occurs when the Windows update has failed. This is one of the most convincing reasons to get this error but there are several other causes of it such as corrupted Windows update components, previously failed updates and unpack update package issues. Windows error 0x80070057 is a hexadecimal error, and is common to execute in Windows Vista, 7, 8 as well as version 10. Users will usually see this error as a long message which will be presented by following message as “There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later”. So here in this blog content, we have guided users with at-least five methods to fix the Windows update error 0x8007005. Let’s have a look now.
What Is Windows Update Error 0x80070057?
When you try to perform an update or install something and a message saying “there were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later” flashes on your computer’s screen, it is error 0x80070057. If you met with this error and try to fix it on your own, you have to detect the reason at first.
Accordingly, there are multiple factors capable of causing this issue. It can occur due to a corrupted Windows update database. Also, it can happen when you register a required system file incorrectly. Further, when the Background Intelligent Transfer Service or BTIS fails to receive a content link header, this error can pop up. Finally, this problem can result from previously failed updates and antivirus software.
How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Once you figure out the reason behind the issue, you can start the troubleshooting procedure. Usually, troubleshooting methods like reboot and stopping services through cmd can eliminate this error. However, there are times when these common tricks fail. In that case, you can use the following hacks to resolve the issue.
Methods to Troubleshoot the Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Method 1: Restoration Of Windows Update Repository
Windows Error 0x80070057 primarily results from update related issues. Therefore, restoration of all corrupted or missing repositories can be of help. So, download a tool convenient for you to perform a scan. Launch it and begin the procedure. Once you are done with the scanning, restore necessary files to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Run the SFC Scan Process
You can scan all the protected system files along with replacing the corrupted ones with SFC command.
- To run system file checker utility, click on the start button.
- In the search box, type “command”. Then press Ctrl + shift and tap enter.
- Now click on “yes” and type “SFC or Scannow”.
- Once the scan is complete, your damaged files will be repaired. Reboot your device to end the procedure.
Method 3: Edit Registry or Run the SFCFix
Changing Windows registry can resolve Windows update error 0x80070057.
- In order to edit the Windows registry, press Windows Key + R together. This will open the Run dialogue.
- Once you find the Run dialogue, type “regedit” and hit the enter button.
- After this, you have to press Windows Key and R together again. Then, type “notepad” and select OK to continue.
- Once you are done with it, go to Save as from Files option and save this as wufix.reg on your device. In this context, you have to set file types to All Files while saving.
- Finally, run wufix.reg files. You have to agree to prompts and this error will be fixed. Restart your computer and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Run the SURT
• If users are working with Windows 7/8/10 operating system then, work with the SURT and then run it carefully. After this, try to run the Windows update again.
Method 5: Registry Edit is the last method which we recommend to users for this error
• Hold the Windows Key and then, hit on the “R” key
• Type the notepad word and then tap on “OK” button
• In notepad, users are advised to copy and paste the instructed lines:
“Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]
• Click on the “File -> Save As” icon next
• Set the file type to “All Files” message and then again save the same file as wufix.reg on the device
• Now execute the file by agreeing to all the prompts.
Still Struggling With This Update error? Get Help From Professionals dial ++1-855-971-1879
Correcting Windows update errors on your own can be difficult. Notably, it can be hard if you don’t have a thorough technical knowledge. Further, these troubleshooting measures can fail at times. In that case, you can avail support from our experts. We provide you with time-bound services at your doorstep. Dial our Windows Technical Support Number +1-855-971-1879 and eliminate the issue you are encountering. Our Windows Customer Support channels are open 24*7.