Tired of encountering an msvcp140.dll missing error? Unable to run a game application on your Windows due to the error? Do not worry and stick to this article. Here, we are going to discuss some of the effective reasons and most importantly the effective fixes for this error.
Generally, when a DLL file is missing and you are trying to access a program file, then chances are higher to come across this particular error. Besides this, if some malicious script or faulty application has removed, corrupted, or altered msvcp140.dll file on your computer, then the error also might pop up on the screen.
It is a common error, and hence you have to take preventive measures to remove this error the earliest. So, delay no more and keep reading on.
Proven Methods to Fix msvcp140.dll Missing on Windows 10 Instantly:
It is quite possible that you might not be aware of the fixes to resolve msvcp140.dll missing. In that case, try out the expert’s solution described below to get rid of this error.
Method 1: Install the MSVCP140.dll file
Whenever the MSVCP140.dll is missing on your computer, the first fix that you can try out is by restoring the missing file. Now, to perform that, use the DLL-files.com client. Then, follow the instructions that are cited below:
- At first, download and install the DLL-files.com client.
- Then, run this particular application.
- Now, in the search box, type MSVCP140.dll and click on the Search option for DLL file.
- In the Search result, select msvcp140.dll.
- Click on the Install button.
- After the installation process is completed, check if the problem has been fixed.
Method 2: Perform a Clean Installation of the Program
At times, performing a proper reinstallation of the program can also help you to fix the ‘MSVCP140.dll is missing’ error. Doing so will help you to install the correct version of MSVCP140.dll file.
Now take a look at how to perform it.
- Press the Windows logo and R at the same time on your keyboard to invoke the Run dialog box.
- Then, type appwiz.cpl and hit the Enter option. Soon a list will pop up on your screen which will display the programs that are installed on your computer.
- Now, right-click on the program for which the error is appearing and then click on the Uninstall option.
- To confirm the uninstallation, click on Yes.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Then, reinstall the program and launch it successfully.
If this is working, then your problem will be resolved. But in case you are finding it tough to resolve or if the error message is still appearing, simply seek help from an expert.
Method 3: Copy the File from Another Computer
At times, you can also try out copying the same file from another computer and then, paste it to your own to resolve the error. Now, do the following:
At first, find an alternative computer that is running the same operating system as yours. Remember, the architectures and versions of both operating systems should be the same.
- Open File Explorer on that computer.
- Then, navigate to “C:\Windows\System32” and then copy the msvcp140.dll there.
- On your own computer, paste the copied file to the same location.
- Lastly, try to again to launch the program and then check it is working or not.
Method 4: Run a Virus Scan for your System
There can be a virus on your computer that can even prevent the MSVCP140.dll file thereby resulting in the error ‘MSVCP140.dll Is Missing’. Therefore, in order to remove the error, run a virus scan for your system. The scanning process might take some time to complete. So, wait until it is completed.
In case, any malware is detected on your computer, then follow the guidelines that are provided by the antivirus program.
Lastly, restart your computer and launch the program again to check whether it is working or not.
That all! We have mentioned some of the most effective ways and methods that will surely help you out to resolve the error on your own. Hence, read the entire article thoroughly and then apply the solutions to check which one works for you the best. In case you are still encountering any problem, it’s better to opt for an expert’s help.