Black desktop background error on the Windows 10 is a very common issue which a lot of Windows users have encountered. Moreover, you may face this annoying error due to plenty of reasons.
After performing some particular number of operations on your Windows 10 Operating System, the screen of the desktop turns black and the wallpaper of the system gets disappeared. Additionally, this error is not a crucial one but still very frustrating at times. However, if you are struggling with this annoying issue on the Windows 10 system and wondering how to fix it, then don’t panic as you have dropped at the right page.
Here, in this informative post, we will walk you through some of the most effective and easiest troubleshooting hacks by which you can easily address this annoying technical glitch of the Windows 10 system. Therefore, without delaying too much, let’s get into the solutions directly.
Desktop Background is Black Windows 10: Generic Reasons
You need to keep this in your mind that whenever it comes to the technical glitches, then it is never just one reason. Hence, if you are facing this same “desktop background is black” error on your Windows 10 system, then you must realize that there could be multiple reasons leading to this frustrating situation.
Thus, take a look at some generic reasons that can commonly trigger this troublesome Windows 10 issue.
- This issue may occur because of the third-party application for modifying the settings of the display.
- You may encounter this annoying error because of the corrupted files or some damaged folders of the system.
- This issue might occur because of the backdated and out-of-date graphics driver of the system.
- Due to an incorrectly installed Windows update.
- You may encounter this annoying error due to some other internal technical glitches of the Windows 10 system.
Easy and Effective Ways to Resolve the Black Desktop Background Issue Effectively:
As this is a technical glitch inside the Windows 10 Operating System, there are some easy workarounds that we have found useful in this scenario.
Here, in this context, we are about to explain some of the most useful and easiest troubleshooting hacks by which you can easily diagnose and fix this disturbing black desktop background error on your own.
Hence, it is suggested to follow the fixes carefully and implement them in the correct order to get instant result.
Way 1: Enabling “Animate Windows When Minimizing and Maximizing”
This is the most fundamental method that you should try to get rid of this annoying technical glitch. Moreover, you need to make sure that this setting is enabled on the system.
In case, you disabled this setting by mistake, then you need to re-enable it in order to fix this troublesome glitch. To perform this action, go through the following steps:
- At first, press down the Windows logo key and at the same time press down the R key o your keyboard. This process will invoke the Run dialog box.
- After that, write “cpl” in the run dialog box. Tap on the Ok button. Alternatively, you can press down the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This process will open up System Properties.
- Tap on the Advanced tab in the System Properties. Now, the Performance options window will show up on the screen.
- After that, you need to enable the “Animate Windows When Minimizing and Maximizing” setting. Choose the Apply button and tap on the OK button to proceed further. This process will save the changes to settings that you have made.
- After completing all the above-described steps, restart the system.
- At last, you need to check the system to see that the issue is fixed or not. In case, the technical glitch still persists, then it is advised to move out to the next troubleshooting method given below.
Way 2: Disabling “Show Lock Screen Background Picture on the Sign-in Screen”
To disable the “Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen” settings, you need to follow some easy steps. Go through the below passage in detail to know the steps:
- At first, right-click on the Start menu to open the Windows settings. Tap on the Settings option in the list of options. After that, tap on the Personalization setting option in the Settings menu.
- Next, tap on the Lock Screen option. You may get this option on the left side menu. After that, tap on the toggle button to disable the “Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen” option.
- After completing all the above-described steps, restart the system.
At last, you need to check the system to verify that the black background in the desktop issue is fixed or not. In case, this technical glitch still persists then, it is advised to move out to the next troubleshooting method given below.
Way 3: Change your Wallpaper
Before changing the wallpaper of the system, you must disable all the third-party application of the system. After that, go through the below-mentioned easy steps to change the wallpaper:
- At first, go to the Start menu and tap on it to open.
- After that, go to the Search box of the Start menu and write “Setting: in the search box. Tap on the Search button or press down the Enter key on your keyboard to proceed further.
- Now, you need to choose the Personalization option from the list of results.
- You will get a list of the menu.
- Select the Background option in the menu.
- Choose the Slideshow option from the drop-down list in the Background option. Doing so will let you check whether uninstalling the third-party application has fixed this technical glitch or not.
In case, the Slideshow of the system is working properly, then you can easily change the background of the system to a static image. For better result, restart the system.
After completing all the above-described steps, you need to check your Windows 10 system to verify that the “black desktop background“ error is settled or not. In case, this technical glitch still continues, then it is recommended to refer to the next method discussed below.
Way 4: Removing the Damaged TranscodedWallpaper.jpg File
Sometimes, this annoying technical glitch may arise because of the corrupted TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file of the system. In such a scenario, the Windows 10 Operating System is unable to display your chosen wallpaper on the screen.
To remove the damaged TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file, check out the steps provided below:
- Open a web browser and go to the Address bar of the web browser.
- After that, you need to paste the following web address in the address bar of the web browser. (In such a case, you can use any web browser to paste the web address as per your choice and requirement.)
- Now, you need to look for the file which is titled as TranscodedWallpaper, whenever you are inside the folder.
- In this step, you need to change the name of the file to “TranscodedWallpaper.old” (no quotes).
- In case, you see a file with the name Settings.ini, then you need to open it in Notepad.
- After that, delete the contents of the file.
- Tap on the Ok button to save the changes that you have made.
- At last, close the Notepad.
After completing all the above-described steps, follow the steps from method three and select a new wallpaper as the background of your desktop. Lastly, restart the system.
Now, check your Windows 10 system to see that the technical glitch is resolved yet or not. If the black background desktop issue still persists and averting you to use the system, then move out to the next method given below.
Way 5: Fixing the Settings for Ease of Access
In case, if the above-mentioned methods did not work for you, then try this way to resolve this annoying technical glitch of the Windows 10 system.
To perform this action, check out the steps listed below:
- Go to the Start menu and tap on it to open.
- Write “Control panel” in the search field of the Start menu.
- Now, you will get a list of options.
- Tap on the Ease of Access option from the list of options.
- After that, tap on the Ease of Access Center.
- Next, choose the Make Computer Easier to See.
- Now, you need to look for the option which states that “Remove background images (where available) is unchecked.”
- In case, the box is marked, tap on it to deselect the option.
- Choose the Apply button to save the changes that you have made.
- At last, set a new desktop background for the system.
That’s it! We hope that now you can easily resolve this “black desktop background” issue on your Windows 10 Operating System. Here, in this informative post, we have described some of the most effective and easiest troubleshooting hacks to eradicate this troublesome technical glitch within a flicker of time.
Moreover, this article assists non-tech savvy persons. Therefore, you do not require any extra technical knowledge or ideas to execute the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks. In case, you face any issues while performing the troubleshooting methods and steps or you have any queries, then drop us a comment in the below section.