In the day to day usage of the Internet, we encounter many errors. Many times users come across internet connectivity issues, and they troubleshoot their issues of connectivity only to find out DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10.
The issue can prevent you from using the internet. You will not be able to browse websites and other contents over the internet. So here we are going to talk about the methods to fix the concerned issue.
Why Can’t You Access Websites In A DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10
First of all, let’s discuss what the DNS server is. DNS stands for Domain Name System which translates the website address into the IP address of your browser.
When you try to visit a website from a web browser, it tries to get to the DNS server. But sometimes, the DNS lookup fails resulting in the DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10 error.
The error occurs more when your system is connected to the Ethernet. Also, you can face the error when connected to the Wifi. Now, let us discuss the reasons behind the error.
There can be several reasons for the error to occur. Your Internet Service Provider can also create the issue. Any misconfiguration of your system, router and modem can also lead the issue. Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus can also create such problems. And by the way, it is not among the easiest tasks to resolve this issue.
DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10
Looking up at the issue itself and after several tries and running several tests, we have found three methods to counter the error. Please follow each troubleshooting step so that you can effectively resolve your concerned issue.
Fix 1: Correct The DNS Server Address
- Boot your computer and open the Run window. Press the Windows logo Key and the R Key simultaneously to open the Run window.
- In the search box type “control” and press the Enter key. From the list of the Control Panel search for “Network and Sharing Center.” After find it click on it.
- On the left panel click on “Change adapter settings.” Right click on your mode of Internet connection and then select Properties from the list.
- Go to the Networking tab and then click on “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) option and after that click on the Properties button.
- Check both the boxes of “Obtain an IP address automatically” and as well as “Obtain DNS server automatically”. Repeat the same process for Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6).
- Try to access your website and see if the error is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Reset Your IP And Clear DNS Cache
- In the start search box type cmd then right on it and select Run as administrator. Select Yes if a pop-up appears.
- Inside the black box type “ipconfig/flushdns”,”ipconfig/registerdns”,”ipconfig/release”, and “ipconfig/renew” and press Enter after typing each command.
- Check if the error is resolved or not by access the internet.
Fix 3: Update Your Network Adapter Drivers
- Open the Run windows and type “devmgmt.msc” to open Device Manager. Expand Network Adapters and select your Internet controller. After that select Update Drivers.
- After the window loads select the second option from the list of two links.
- Now click on the option at the end of the window. Now let the update process to finish. Reboot your system to apply the changes.
Fix 4: Reset Your Router
- Find the Reset button of your router and then press it with a help of a thin, pointed item. The Reset button is usually at the back of the router.
- Hold the Reset button for a few seconds to ensure that the router is fully reset.
- Use the default password to connect to the internet. Now, try to access the website by connecting to it. Check the error is gone or not.
Contact Windows Technical Support Number +1-888-633-7151 For Windows Help
If you are looking for any other assistance to resolve the DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10 issue, you can definitely avail our customer support services. We have years of experience in problem-solving techniques and aim at 100% customer satisfaction. For the customers’ convenience, we have some modes that will let you get in touch with us.
You can drop a query email on our customer support email address. The query details will be carefully examined so that you can get the top-notch solutions at teh least possible time.
Additionally, you can call us on our Windows customer support number to get your queries addressed. Our customer support helpline number is live 24×7 and you can call at any time of the day. Moreover, you can approach us our live chat service to directly address our queries to our team of experts.