If you have recently updated to the new build, and have been having problems downloading things from the Windows App Store and receive the XBOX Error Code 0x803f8001! Looking for reliable solutions to Fix XBOX Error Code 0x803f8001 in Windows App Store, but you are unable to do it, then don’t panic. Well, several users have reported that they are getting error code 0x803f8001 while playing a game when the game was left idle for some time. The exact error on console is “Do you own this game or app?” (Error code 0x803f8001)”. This XBOX Error Code 0x803f8001 is associated with Windows error messages. As has been the case with most app problems in Windows 10. Thus, Windows Tech Support team suggested some various reasons, that’s why this error appears.
Causes of XBOX Error Code 0x803f8001
The causes include as, when you have never signed into a game you downloaded to connect it to the Xbox, or when the game is not installed in the console, but is on a game disk, or Corrupt system files which generally occur due to downloading third-party software that interferes with system files, excess cache in Windows Store, or Outdated Windows Store, when the Xbox Live service has stopped, or Outdated graphics card drivers, or when you play an old game and Virus/malware infection, and so on. Well, here in this article, you will see a few methods that might help you solve the problem with this error code.
Methods to Fix XBOX Error Code 0x803f8001 in Windows App Store:-
Method 1:-Basic troubleshooting to fix the 0x803f8001 error
First of all, you need to a simple and basic troubleshooting step in fixing various Windows OS errors including error 0x803f8001.
Step 1:- Launch the Antivirus Software
You have required first, to launch the installed antivirus software to address any virus infection.
Step 2:-Verify that Xbox Live Service
Then you need to verify that Xbox Live service is up and running.
Step 3:- Ensure That You Signed Into the Game Properly
After then you require ensuring that you are signed into the game when you are trying to play. You may also essential to set the Xbox as a home console for a different user just in the event the game you are trying to play was purchased and downloaded by a different computer user.
Step 4:- Verify the Game is Not on a Disk
Ensure that the game that you are trying to play is not on a disc but rather on the console.
Now you should try to play a game which you tried to play after performing these measures to see if the error 0x803f8001 is resolved.
Method 2:-Run System File Checker
You should also try to perform to run the System File Checker to resolve the corrupt system files issue and also solve this error.
- First of all, press Windows “Key + R” key to open up the command prompt.
- Then type “sfc/scannow” and then press “Enter” key.
- Now your computer should automatically start to run the built-in file checker.
- Once this is finished, Outcomes will be shown on your screen. You will be able to figure out if there were any faulty system files which were causing the 0x803f8001 error for you.
Method 3:-Power Cycle Xbox One
You should try a simple power cycle, which can help you to fix this issue.
Follow the steps to do a power cycle:-
- On your Xbox one, you need to press and hold down the white “Power” button for 11-12 seconds. Then the console should get turned off.
- Next, unplug the power cord and wait for 10 seconds.
- Now, plug back in the power cord
- Then you should turn the console back on.
- Try to do the update again.
Check the error is resolved. If not, then go to thenext solution.
Method 4:- Check Xbox Live Status
Few users have stated that they were able to fix the issue because, this error by doing a checking Check Xbox live status. Because this error can often occur when the services are not up andrunningproperly. Then you require checking Xbox Live status. You might notice few alerts. If you see alerts, wait for all the services to be up and running. Once all are up, then you can try the game again.
Method 5:- Hard Reset
Some users have reported that they were able to fix the issue by just doing a simple Hard Reset. Restoring Xbox one to factory default setting will erase all accounts, setting, saved games and home Xbox association.
To reset the console to factory default setting, follow these steps:-
- Hit on the “left” button on the directional pad to open the Menu to the left of the screen.
- Then scroll down to gear icon and choose “All Settings” by pressing A button
- Next, go to‘System” option, and then choose “Console Info & Updates” option.
- Then choose“Reset Console” option.
- Now you will be asked if you want “Reset and remove everything” or “Reset and Keep my games & apps”
- Then select “Reset and remove everything“.
- The Xbox one will be reset to Factory Default Settings. Once Xbox live is synced with your console, try the game again. It should work.
In case, it does not work, then go to the next solution.
Method 6:- Install the Game
Some users have reported that they were able to fix the issue by just doing uninstall and then reinstalling the game.
Locate the app in the Windows 10 All Apps area and uninstall it by just right-click and choose uninstall option. After it uninstalls (give it a couple minutes to ensure it has been completely removed) jump back into the Windows Store, locate the app, and reinstall it.To reinstall the game, hit the “X” on both searches in the app store and then reinstall the game.
Get Quick Support! Dial Windows Helpline Number:-
Dial Windows Customer Support Number +1-888-633-7151 which is a completely toll-free number and accessible 24×7/365 days for your help & support. Through number, you can easily connect with the team of certified and trained technicians, who are sufficient in resolving any kind of Windows technical difficulties. The proficient experts will deliver you the comprehensive guide to fixing any kind of complicated to complex technical issues or errors in a less time. Hence, call now to our experts and get the urgent help to further Windows queries.