It’s quite a common issue which may have happened at your end or to somebody who you know. It’s all about an annoying and dangerous virus or may be bit of malware which has made its way into your PC, and yes it has created a wreaking havoc in the device. When such malicious codes that install themselves on user’s computer, there is no doubt that they can quickly take over user’s PC by causing an irreversible damage to the system. Such issues can even come into existence in Windows 10 PC unexpectedly.
In this blog users will be guided about steps on how to remove viruses from Windows 10 PC with the Windows Defender Offline tool Windows 10 guide. Further creating a bootable USB drive with the stand-alone version of Microsoft’s free antivirus app will also be taught.
Steps to remove viruses from Windows 10 PC with the Windows Defender Offline tool
Step 1: Creation of bootable version of Windows Defender Offline
- Before proceeding with the concept to remove viruses from Windows 10 PC, users are requested to have an external media which should especially be a USB flash drive with capacity of 1GB. One can even take a CD/DVD or create an ISO image too. It will further reformat the drive to enable users back up any kind of content for the purpose of keeping back-up into another location.
- Download the Windows Defender Offline installer first and to do this, perform following below steps:
- Download the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows Defender Offline
- Once downloaded, simply double-click the “mssstool32.exe’ or “mssstool64.exe” executable file depending on the system version.
- Next, the Windows Defender Offline Tool will get in process where users will be asked to hit the “Next” button to continue further.
- Accept the license agreement. Next select a type of bootable media which you wish to create further. Here, users are advised to choose “On a USB flash drive that is not password protected” option, and hit the “Next” button.
- Users working with more than a USB storage device which is connected to the computer, will be given a drop-down menu option. This is done further to select the drive a user wants to use.
- Pick up the drive which you wish to work with and the hit the “Next” icon.
- Hit the “Next” icon for a confirmation that the wizard will reformat the USB flash drive afterwards.
- Currently, all your necessary files will be downloaded and the wizard will now complete the creation of the Windows Defender Offline bootable media.
- Hit the “Finish” icon to close the wizard.
Step 2: Boot the Windows 10 with the Windows Defender Offline tool
- Before using the USB flash drive to perform a deep scan, make sure that the computer is well configured to easily boot from the removable media.
- If anyone is using a computer by using “UEFI BIOS” system then, steps may come as little bit wayward. To do this, perform the following steps below:
- Hit “Settings > Update & recovery > Recovery” located just under the “Advanced startup” option.
- Click “Restart now” icon and then in the boot menu, hit the “Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart” button. The computer will automatically boot into its BIOS section where you boot order can easily be changed
- Connect the USB drive on the infected computer and then restart it. Your Windows Defender Offline will now start automatically by performing a full scan of any available virus, rootkit, or a piece of bad software that can affect your PC.
- Once the scan process have been completed, close all your programs, remove the USB flash drive, and let your computer reboot automatically.
For more related queries of Windows system, do get in touch at Windows 10 Customer Support section immediately. We are instantly available for your queries as and when needed.