Windows Update Database Corruption issue might affect the entire database management system of your Windows. Even when you are trying to access those database files, then you may also get stuck. Moreover, the storage device becomes affected and this can be harmful to the System files.
Therefore, we are going to highlight those areas which are responsible for this annoying issue. This is will also help you to resolve the error at the earliest.
Repair Windows Update Database Corruption Error with Reliable Hacks:
It is quite obvious that you might not be aware of the ways to fix the Windows Update Database Corruption issue. Hence, follow some of the simple ways to resolve the Database error hassle-freely.
Fix 1: Refresh the PC
In order to modify the PC Settings and refresh the system, you can repair the Windows update database corruption issue in Windows 10 easily. Therefore, perform the following:
- Click on the Start menu and click on the Settings app from the Start menu that appears on the screen.
- Now, tap on the General tab from the Settings window and move to the option says, “Refresh your PC without affecting your files”.
- Next, hit the Get Started button to avail that Windows feature and follow the wizard screen instructions.
- Wait for a few minutes to finish the process and it may take more time than the expected due to insufficient memory spaces.
- After the process is completed, reboot the Windows 10 device in Normal Mode. Finally, check whether the Windows update database error gets fixed or not.
Fix 2: Perform an SFC Scan
If the Windows system file is corrupted, then it can affect the Windows database and then the error occurs. To fix it, you must run the System File Checker and repair those affected files accordingly.
- First, type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt from the list.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt from the Start menu. Then, click on the Run as Administrator option from the pop-up menu.
- Now, verify the account by entering the Admin Name and correct passcode. Then, click on the verify button and complete the Admin Account verification process.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Admin Mode, you need to type “SFC/scannow” when the screen prompts. Then, press the Ener key and execute the command.
- It will start to run automatically and identify the corrupted system files accordingly. Then, repair them one by one.
- Restart the System in Normal Mode and resolve the Windows database corruption problem effectively.
Fix 3: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
To run the Windows Troubleshooter, you can fix the maximum problems associated with the Windows-like database error, Windows update error, etc very quickly. To do so:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “control’ in the Cortana Search box.
- Now, hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Then, click on Troubleshooting from the list of various items and tap on the View All from the left pane of the window.
- Here, you can see a queue of programs that are installed on your system and click on the Windows Update from that list.
- You can see the Windows Update option in the resultant window, tap the Next button to execute the next step.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and run the Windows Troubleshooter for your device.
- The troubleshooter step will take a few minutes to complete the entire troubleshooting steps sequentially and reboot the system when it finishes.
- Finally, try to repair windows update database corruption issues and check whether the same error persists or not.
Fix 4: Perform a Clean Boot
Some apps can interrupt the functionalities of Windows Database. As a result, an error might appear on the Database when you are working with it. Therefore, by performing a clean boot, you can fix the error.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “misconfig’ in the search box. Now, click the OK button.
- Then, click on the service tab from the window and place a tick on the checkbox says, “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
- After that, click on the Disable button and navigate to the Startup tab from the same window.
- Next, click on open the Task Manager link from the next window and click the OK button to confirm.
- After that, right-click on the first application that appears within a list and choose Disable from that list.
- Then, return to the System Configuration window and click on the Apply and the OK button respectively to apply the new changes.
- Finally, choose Restart Now option from the resultant window and check whether the Windows Database Error still persists or not after rebooting the PC.
How to clean Windows Update Database Cache?
- Double-click on the This PC folder and click on the Local Drive(C:\).
- Now, click on the Windows folder and open the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Next, double-tap on the Download folder and choose all the files by pressing the Ctrl+A together.
- Finally, delete them and clean the Windows Update Cache.
Fix 5: Run the DISM Tool
Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool is an in-built tool designed for repairing Windows images. Besides this, you can fix the Windows service issues such as database error, program startup error, etc issues immediately. Now, follow the instructions that are given below:
- Press the Windows and R key together from the keyboard and open the Run dialog box on the desktop window.
- Now, type “cmd” on the click the OK button to locate the Command Prompt.
- Then, right-click on it and open the application window in Administrator Mode.
- After that, run the commands, “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth” and “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” respectively.
- Wait until the scan is completed, then reboot the PC in Normal Mode and resolve the Windows Database Corruption issue efficiently.
However, you can resolve the Windows Update Error by using the DISM tool and follow the method above.
Fix 6: Update the Drivers
Outdated drivers often lead to the Windows internal files error like database corruption issues. Installing the drivers with the latest version are the best way to get rid of the error instantly.
- Type “devicemgmt.msc” in the search box and press the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Here, you might locate the drivers which are outdated and you can easily identify them by yellow mark beside the older drivers.
- Next, right-click on them and choose Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- Now, choose the option says, “Update Driver Automatically” and then click the Next button.
- After that, wait until the update process is finished and close the window by pressing the Finish button after completing the update program.
- Reboot the system and check whether the Windows Database Corruption issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 7: Restart the Windows Update Service and Rename the Folder
At times, you need to rename the Software Distribution Folder with a new and unique name. After that, restart the Windows Service with its latest version. Thus, you can repair windows update database corruption issue very efficiently. Now, perform the steps that are cited below:
- Open the Command Prompt window in Admin Mode and wait until the verification is completed.
- Now, run the commands “Net stop wuauserv”,”Net stop cryptSvc”,”Net stop bits”,”Net stop msiserver” one after another.
Rename the Distribution Folder
- Now, rename the Software Distribution folder and run the following commands ”Ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old”,”Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old”,”Net start wuauserv”,”Net start cryptSvc”,”Net start bits”,”Net start msiserver” respectively.
- In order to execute them one by one, press the Enter key after the ending of each command.
- All of them will take several minutes to complete the execution process and once done, try to work with the database to resolve the issue quickly.
Fix 8: Remove Malware Issue
If you scan the System with System Security Software, you can resolve the malware issue very easily. Moreover, it enhances the performance of the system and removes the Data corruption problem without any hassle.
- First, download the antivirus for your system from a trustworthy website and install them correctly.
- Now, click on the Scan tab from the left side of the Security Software window and choose either Quick Scan or Full Scan as per your requirement.
- Now, it will take a few minutes to scan the entire system and once done, restart the Windows to verify whether the problem got fixed or not.
In this article, we have described various reasons that are responsible for the Windows update database error. Moreover, we have tried to provide feasible solutions for how to repair windows update database corruption. Alternatively, you can also consult a technical expert and fix the problem permanently.