This Error Code 80240020 happens usually when your download of Windows 10 was not complete and setup. The other possibility to come out this error is either your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished or corrupted or damaged files. However, many people have reported to get this Error Code 80240020 while download installing free Windows 10 on their Laptop/PC. So, if you are one of those users who are facing the problem exactly, then don’t worry about it, as you can easily fix it. Well, here the blog will explain step-by-step instruction Fix Windows 10 Error Code 80240020. So you just need to follow the few steps which are given below the simple fix the problem.
Solutions to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 80240020:-
Solution 1:- Check Whether You Have Windows 10 Upgrade
Windows 10 Error Code 80240020 is an expected error if the upgrade needs customer user action. For instance, if one or more applications or disk utilities require being uninstalled before upgrading. PCs considering this error message will get instructions on how to fix this when they perform the upgrade. Then it’s recommended by the Windows technical support team, waiting until your Laptop/PC receives a notification to upgrade and then following the instructions provided”.
- Right-click on the “Get Windows 10 icon” at the right side of the taskbar and then click “Check your upgrade status”.
- In the “Get Windows 10” window app, click the “hamburger” menu (three lines) and then hit on “Check your PC” option.
- Check the list of potential compatibility issues. The list includes separate categories for devices and apps.
Solution 2:- Delete Everything in Download folder
You should try to delete everything in “Download” folder to fix the error by the following way:-
- Fist, go into “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete everything in that folder.
- Then run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now you have to type in “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”.
- Then, go to your “Control Panel”, then “Windows Update” and then your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch.
Solution 3:- Repair System Image
- Open an elevated CMD and run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Open the Win+X menu and click Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the elevated command prompt window, type wuauclt.exe /update now and hit “Enter” key.
- Now, check the error is resolved. In case, if it’s not solved, then go to the next solution.
Solution 4:-Modify the Following Registry Key to Install
Might be this error associated with the registry key in your window 10, and then you should try to install immediately to solve the problem. Follow these steps.
- Locate the registry key:
- Then it should exist, but if not, create it.
- Next, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with Name = “AllowOSUpgrade” (without the quotes), and set the Value = 0x00000001.
- Then close and reopen the desktop “Control Panel” and then go to “Windows Update” and check for updates.
Solution 5:- Download Windows 10 from Microsoft’s Website
In case, if all the above did not work to fix the error, then you should try to download Windows 10 from Microsoft’s website.
To download you can visit this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
After performing the steps, I hope your issue is fixed.
In case, if you have any issue to follow the above step, then you should contact with Windows Customer support team to obtain instant help.
Call Now on Windows Customer Support Phone Number To Reach With Professional:-
You can simply dial at Windows 10 Support Number +1-855-971-1879 , which is a toll-free number and available 24×7/365 days, and directly connect with the well qualified and experienced Windows Customer Support team. The highly skilled technicians will you comprehensively support to fix this error. Also, you can grab the hasty support to fix other kinds of any Windows error or issues. Hence, call now to experts and avail immediate support for Windows difficulties.