When you install a driver, then your system checks whether this is digitally verified or not. The driver is not accepted by your device if it is not signed digitally. If you need to install an unsigned driver, then it becomes an annoying issue and without an electronic mark, you won’t be able to work with it.
Then, you can see the unexpected error message “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver” or the message may come up, “Windows cannot install this driver”. However, you can follow this article and avoid the unsigned driver installation error effectively.
“How To Disable Driver Signature Enforcement?” with Easy Methods
Some of the effective methods are very helpful to resolve the Driver Signature Enforcement issue. Here, we are going to highlight them to make the disable Driver Signature process as simply as possible:
Method 1: Modify the Startup Settings
To disable the Driver signature issue temporarily, you might change the Startup settings. It helps to turn the Disable driver signature feature off within a short period of time:
- Press and hold the Shift key from the keyboard and press the Restart button.
- After that, go to the Advanced Repair window and go to the Troubleshoot option from the list of Startup option.
- Now, go to the Startup Settings from the resultant window.
- After that, hit the Restart button and let it reboot after troubleshooting all the internal affected section of Windows.
- However, press the F7 key from the keyboard and select the option says, “Disable driver signature enforcement” from the window from a list of options appears on the screen.
- Next, the System will restart in Normal Mode and you can install the unsigned drivers without any technical hassle.
Method 2: Turn Off the Driver Signing Code
The solution to disable the driver signature enforcement feature turns the driver signing code off effectively. To perform this step, you should have to use the Group Policy Editor and modify the settings carefully:
- First, press the Windows and “R” key together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “gpedit.msc” in the dialog box and press the OK button to open the Group Policy Editor.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, click on User Configuration from the left panel of the window.
- After that, double-tap on the Administrative Templates from the main window and select the System from the next window.
- Next, go to the Driver Installation section and choose the Code Signing for Device Drivers entry.
- Enable the option and locate the beneath from the dropdown. Then, change the option to Ignore type.
- Then, click on the OK button and apply the new changes.
- Finally, reboot the Windows 10 system and modify the editor positively.
Method 3: Run the Windows in Test Mode
If you want to disable the driver signature enforcement for a long time, then you need to run the Windows 10 in Test mode. It helps to mitigate the driver signature issue without any problem and also overcome other Windows driver issues within a limited timeframe:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Cortana Search box.
- Now, type “cmd’ in the search box and right-click on the Command Prompt option from the Start menu.
- Next, select Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen.
- Now, type the Admin Username and correct passcode to log in the account. Then, verify the account by pressing the Verify button.
- After opening the Command Prompt screen in Admin Mode, type the command “bcedit/set TESTSIGNING OFF”. Press the Enter key and execute it in the Prompt screen.
- Now, close the Command Prompt window by using the command “Exit”. Now, install all the external drivers that are compatible with your system.
- Reboot the Device in Normal Mode and open the elevated Command Prompt screen.
- Run another command, “bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING ON” when the screen prompts and wait a few minutes to enable the Test Mode.
- Finally, restart the system in Normal Mode and try to launch the driver and fix the driver signature issue very easily.
Method 4: Disable the Driver Signature Permanently
If the driver signature issue still persists, then you might disable the Driver signature permanently. This is one of the effective methods to resolve the Driver signature enforcement issue immediately. However, you can enable it if necessary:
- Open the Command Prompt in Admin Mode and enter the command “bcedit.exe/set nointegritychecks on” after opening the prompt screen. Now, press the Enter key to execute.
- Next, reboot the system and resolve the driver signature problem effectively.
- Now, you can re-enable the Driver signature by following the steps above if necessary.
Can I able to fix Unsigned Drivers?
Yes, you can run the unsigned drivers on your system without any warning. Sometimes, you need to use digitally unsigned drivers occasionally. In spite of trustworthy, you won’t be able to use it as it is not updated with the digital signature by Microsoft. However, you might follow the steps below to resolve this annoying situation:
- Type “gpedit.msc” in the Cortana Search box and launch the Group Policy Editor window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, go to the Computer Configuration page and tap on the Windows Settings.
- Then, click on the Security Settings and navigate to the Local Policies section.
- Click on the Security Options and locate the Devices: Unsigned driver installation behavior from the drop-down menu.
- Next, change the Behavior with “Silently Succeed” and reboot the PC finally.
- Once the installation is done successfully, use the above steps again to replace the security sections with “Warn but allow installation”.
However, the above methods are not very easy to perform if you are not quite fluent with technicalities. So, you can connect with our Technical Support Team for a quick fix.
This article will help you to overcome the Windows 10 disable driver signature enforcement efficiently. Moreover, you can fix the Windows driver signing code problem and you can enhance the driver performance by avoiding all the possible technical flaws. However, our Technical Support Team is ready to serve you with the best solutions and take this issue is not a big deal for us. For further help, you can connect with us for an effortless solution.