There are many different errors that Windows computers show when they fail to boot into their Operating Systems. One of those errors is that the “Windows failed to start” error. Many numbers of users have encountered the Windows failed to start error while working with Windows computers. The error indicates that there the Windows cannot find the System Files used for booting, which point to boot configuration data BCD is missing or corrupted, File system integrity compromised or System files are corrupted or damaged, etc. So, whatever the reason behind the occurrence of the error, as this issue can be easily solved as its suggested Windows technical support professionals. Thus, if you are facing exactly the same issue that is “Windows Failed to start Error or Windows Error Recovery Problem for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, then you don’t need to worry at all. Here the blog will guide you some easy methods to Fix Windows Failed to start Error in a quick and easy way. Then you need to just follow the below steps to quickly solve the issue.
Methods to Fix “Windows Failed to start” Error:-
Method 1:- Boot System into Last Known Good Configuration Option
First of all, you should try to boot your system into using the “Last Known Good Configuration Option”.
To boot use into the “Last Known Good Configuration” option, follow these steps:-
- Restart your computer.
- Then press “F8” key repeatedly while you see the list of boot options.
- Next, choose “Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced)”.
- Then press “Enter” key and then wait to boot.
Check the error is resolved, if not, then go to the next method.
Method 2:- Run System Restore from Windows Installation Disc
Sometimes, it viewed that the Windows Failed to start” Error is fixed by just tried the steps to run the “System Restore from Windows Installation Disc”. Make sure this method will only work if you have the installation disc and System Restore enabled on your Windows copy.
To access System Restore, follow these steps:-
- First, insert the Windows install disc.
- Then press a key when “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” message appears on your screen.
- Hit on “Repair your computer” option after selecting a language, time and keyboard method
- Now, choose the drive where you installed Windows (usually C:\) and then hit on “Next” button.
- Choose “System Restore” option from the System Recovery Options window.
- Follow the “System Restore” wizard instructions to select a restore point
- Restore your PC by hitting on the “Finish” button.
Check the error is resolved, if not then go to the next method.
Method 3:- Repair your Boot sector or Rebuild BCD Manually
The other solution is to fix the error via Using Bootrec.exe you can rebuild the master boot sector (BCD). This is a tool built in the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) that can repair boot configuration data.
- Insert your computer’s OS installation media.
- Then, restart your computer and press any key before the look of the Windows logo.
- Then choose your preferred language and other options.
- Hit on “Repair my Computer”.
- Then choose the installation location, which is normally “C”. Then tap “Next” option.
- Choose “Command Prompt” at the System Recovery Options.
- Then you need to type the following command and press “Enter” key afterward:
Now restart your computer to see error on windows is resolved. If not, then go to the next method.
Related Blog: How To Fix Windows Activation Error code 0xC004C003?
Method 4:- Run chkdsk
If the above didn’t work, then you should try to run the chkdsk process to solve the error.
To Run Chkdsk, Follow These Steps:-
- Insert your CD, and then restart your computer.
- Boot into the CD by pressing any key when the “Press any key to boot from CD” message appears on your computer
- Press “R” key to open the “Recovery Console” in the Options menu
- Type in your Administrator password
- Press “Enter” key.
- In Command Prompt, you need to type the following command:
chkdsk C: /f /x /r
- Then press “Enter” key.
- After chkdsk process is completed, restart your computer
Method 5:- Use Windows Recovery Software Tool To Solve Problem
If the error still exists, then you should try to use the best recovery software tool, which will definitely help to fix the “Windows Error Recovery. The Windows failed to start” error automatically via using the built-in Automated Repair option. As you can easily find the recovery software tool for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and can be downloaded and created on any PC.
Follow the Steps to Do the This Task:-
- Download the best Windows recovery software tool for surfing the Internet.
- Then install and Launch the Program.
- Then Boot up your PC from the Recovery software program file or CD or USB if you created.
- Once the tool is running, choose the “Automated Repair” option and click “Continue” option.
- Then scans your computer’s drives, identify and select the drive letter for your Windows installation from the list, and then click on the Automated Repair button to begin.
- The tool will start analyzing the selected drive for problems and will test for and attempt to automatically correct errors with the disk, partition, bootsector, filesystem, bootloader, and registry. No intervention is required, as repair tool is fully automated:
- Once the process is complete, the tool will report its findings.
- Hit “Restart” button to reboot your PC and test the changes.
- The “Windows Error Recovery. Windows failed to start” error should now be fixed as your PC begins to load.
I hope your issue is fixed.
In case you have any issue to follow the above steps, then contact to our Windows support experts to get immediate help.
Windows Customer Support Phone Number:-
Call us anytime at dialing Windows 10 Support Phone Number +1-888-633-7151 , which is a toll-free and available 24×7 days to fix your Window problems. We are highly engrossed with rich team of experts, who are skilled, and experienced in resolving Windows technical issues in the fastest way and within a less time. Our team is available all the time, day and night for provides the users, the world class solutions & support for all types of Windows technical issues or errors. Hence, call now us at toll-free and rapidly connect with talented professionals in order to get the right solutions to Windows mishaps.