DNS usually manages all the IP addresses of the computer and it is impossible for a people to remember each and every website’s IP address and so the DNS was established to handle this task effectively. So, it is also true to think that if your DNS Server Not Responding Error then, we won’t be able to connect to any of our website. But the question here comes is why? It is simply because the DNS server works similar to a phonebook directory, website names as well as their IP addresses. And if the phonebook directory is not accessible then guess how you will connect with websites without its IP addresses. So, DNS server here plays an important role for all the websites.
Steps to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error In Windows 10, 8, 7
Correcting the TCP/IP Settings
- This first and highly effective method to solve this DNS server isn’t not responding issue which can be done simply by checking as well as correcting the TCP/IP Settings. To do this, follow all the below given instructions:
- Navigate to the “Start’ menu and then, type the “Network” text in the search box which will appear in the screen. Open the “Network and Sharing Center’ from the results icon now.
- You will see that on the left Sidebar, an option known as “Change adapter settings” will appear automatically. Click on it and simply proceed further.
- Now the next which you will see is that a different active as well as inactive connections. Simply right click on the “Ethernetor Local Area Connection” which should be done according to the Windows’ version you are working with.
- Tap on the “Properties” icon now.
- Now you will come across a dialog box appearing on the screen. Just click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then tap on the “properties” icon.
- Come to the dialog box next and tick on the “Obtain an IP address automatically”as well as on the “Obtain DNS server automatically” icons. Tap on the “OK” icon now
- Now, one needs to tap on the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” menu and tap on the “Properties” icon.
- A dialogue box will appear in front of you.
- DNS Server not respondingis mainly seen occurring on the Windows 10, Windows 7, and yes Windows 8 users are the most common victims of this issue. Well, all these steps will certainly prevent your computer from accessing the Internet.
Related Blog: How to fix Windows update error 80072ee2?
Our top-notch tech support services for other Windows system issues are:
- Instant solutions for repeated Windows Installation Issues
- Assistance for all types of Windows Setup Issues
- Solutions to configuration problem in the system
- Product Key Errors are solved by our technicians with the most suitable solution
- Windows Setting-up, Installation and Configuration solutions
- Solutions for various Windows upgrade issue
Call our Windows professionals to get your queries solved faster
Get in touch with our Windows Customer Care Support technicians who are always a step ahead in helping out customers to overcome their complex to complex Windows technical issues with the most absolute solution ever. We are backed by a team of exceptionally qualified, certified, rich and talented pool of professionals giving a helping hand to all its customers and solve their problems instantly. Call us now and get faster solution to your problems