When you are trying to back up your files, if there some corruption occurs in the process, you can encounter an error message showing error 0x80070057. In this case, the System Reserved Partition gets corrupted. It can also occur due to the corrupt registry or policy entries which are blocking the Windows Update process, as a result of which you are getting this error.
Not only in the time of the Update process, but you can also encounter this error while using Microsoft Office. Besides that, you can also encounter this error as a parameter incorrect error.
If you are getting stuck with this error, you can go through this article as a reference to fix this bug in an easy way.
Learn Some Common Fixes to Get Rid of Error 0x80070057:
There are 3 situations which you can encounter and the troubleshooting process are different in case of every situation. Take a look below to know about them in details.
Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Once you encounter Windows update error 0x80070057, you need to rename the software distribution folder. To perform this action, try out these steps cited below:
- First of all, press the Windows key and R at the same time to launch the Run dialog box. After that, type %systemroot% in the search box as well as hit the Enter button to continue.
- Now, right-click on the SoftwareDistribution and rename it as SoftwareDistribution.old.
- In order to perform this action, you need to provide the Administrator’s permission to complete this step. Click on the Continue option.
- In the search box, type services and click on Services.
- Be sure about the status of Windows Update gets Started.
- After completing this whole procedure, you need to restart your device.
Hopefully, this error will be resolved.
Parameter is Incorrect Error 0x80070057
If you encounter Parameter is Incorrect error 0x80070057, you can use these two methods to resolve this error.
Method 1: Change the Decimal Symbol Setting
This error can occur if you have not the decimal symbol to dot. In that case, try to fix this error by changing the Decimal Symbol Setting following these steps:
- At first, go to the Control Panel and from the View by Category, go to Clock, Language, and Region section.
- Now, tap on the Region and Language.
- Tap on Formats as well as tap on the Additional settings.
- Now, in the Decimal symbol field, type dot and tap on the OK button for two times.
- Next, you need to restart your computer after performing this action.
There is an alternative method which you can also use if you fail to perform this action.
Method 2: Add a Registry Key Value
You can also add a registry key value in order to resolve this error 0x80070057. On that note, go through these steps cited below:
- Firstly, tap on the Start button and locate the search box.
- In the search box, type regedit and press the Enter button to continue.
- Use path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates.
- In the right of the pane, you need to right-click on the blank space and select DWORD Value while you see the New option takes place.
- After that, change the name in order to CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo.
- Now, double-click on it to change the value data to 1 and tap on the OK button to save the changes.
Once you are done with the steps, you need to exit from the Registry as well as restart your computer after performing all of these steps. In case, you encounter Microsoft Office error 0x80070057, try out the next method.
Resolve Microsoft Office Error Code 0x80070057
In order to resolve Microsoft Office error code 0x80070057, you need to perform these steps:
Method 1: Turn Off Windows Firewall
- At first, go to the Control Panel and navigate to the System and Security.
- Locate the Windows Firewall and turn Windows Firewall on or off.
Method 2: Repair Office
In order to repair the office, try out these steps listed below:
- At first, you need to repair the Office Click-to-run application. After that, right-click on the Start button and locate Uninstall a program which is situated under the Programs tab. Tap on it.
- Scroll down the mouse until you get Microsoft Office 365 and tap on the Change. You need to restart the computer and try to reinstall it again.
After performing all of these steps, hopefully, you will be able to resolve this error on your own. Simply choose the situation that you are facing and resolve this issue quickly.
Here is a complete guide to fix Windows 10 update error 0x80070057 on your own. Hopefully, you have implemented all these steps which are provided in this article and have already fixed it.
In case, if you have any further queries related to the steps which are provided, you can directly contact an expert who can guide you further. Take a look at our website to get more effective troubleshooting posts at your fingertips.