Have you been stuck in the Windows 10 Start menu critical error that blocks access to the installed settings/apps, crashes “start” menu, or freezes your PC? Take it easy! Undoubtedly, you can Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error by reaching the window customer support number out.
The Windows 10 Start menu is extremely helpful in making your overall experience way more comfortable. It is indeed one of the most useful components of Windows 10 as it provides quick access to all the applications or settings. However, several users often come across the windows 10 start menu not working which is quite annoying and slows the momentum of your work. If you too are facing the similar problem, you might read through this content as well to know some excellent troubleshooting hacks. To resolve the error quickly, you need to know the issue inside out.
What Do You Mean By Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error?
This particular error can drastically affect the performance of Windows 10. If you are unable to access installed apps or if your PC frequently crashes on clicking the Start option, you are unfortunately stuck with the critical error.
Take a look at the general symptom of this problem.
Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: To begin with, users frequently report that the Start menu and Cortana don’t work at the same time.
The Start Menu Doesn’t Close: Often, users of Windows 10 are unable to close the Start menu.
Start Menu Disappears: This is indeed one of the most irritating symptoms of Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error. At times, the Start menu disappears most likely due to corruption.
Start Menu Opens Randomly: Users also report that the Start menu opens randomly even though they did not click on it.
1st Method of Solutions to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error:
Solution 1: refresh your computer by restarting your computer system
Yes, at times, improper updation can cause your PC in the greater dilemma. So, don’t hesitate to refresh your PC once, twice, or thrice. That’s the fastest and safest way to determine how worst an issue you are getting.
Solution 2: install the latest windows 10 update
Steps to go:
- Press and hold “Window+R” together which will redirect you to open the “Run” dialogue box.
- Enter “ms-settings:” (without double quotes) in the vacant box
- On the settings panel, click “update and security”
- Come up to “check for updates”
- If you are running windows version 1511, then you are required to visit to the System >> About >> Version
- Now, come up to follow the wizard information to install the recent updates available on your computer system.
Solution 3: Boot into safe mode and then undo to normal mode
Steps to go:
- When windows 10 get started, press the Windows+L to log out.
- Click “power” button in the bottom-right corner, hold “shift” along with click “restart”
- Your computer need to restart to boot options
- Navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Then,click the “Restart” button.
- Once you restarts your PC, then press “F5” to access the “safe mode”. ( You can also locate the options with the help of Windows customer care service experts)
Solution 4: temporarily hide cortana from the taskbar
Steps to go:
- Give a right-click on the “taskbar” hereby you can see the “cortana” and then select “Hidden”
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Give a right-click on the taskbar
- Get to “cortana”
- Select “search icon”
- Restart your computer so as to determine whether cortana critical error is fixed or not.
Solution 5: download the start menu troubleshooter
Users can also fix windows 10 start menu critical error by simply downloading the start menu troubleshooter and then come up to troubleshooting the given issues. In order to use this solution efficaciously, users can also refer the third-party windows customer service accessible everywhere.
Solution 6: Restore your PC to earlier state point
Steps to go:
- Press Windows key+R to open up the “Run” dialogue box.
- Type “rstrui.exe” and then press “enter” key to open “system restore”.
- Now, “system restore” window will pop up. Give a click on “next”.
- Follow the wizard instructions up as mentioned on the screen.
2nd Method to Troubleshoot The Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error
Although the error is pretty much confusing to troubleshoot, you can resolve it if you diagnose the problem early. Also, you can always connect with our experts for help. Follow the given steps and try to fix the error on your own. However, you need to be confident enough to apply this by yourself. Any wrong step can corrupt Windows 10 and lead your device to further troubles.
Solution 1: Restart your computer
Usually, improper or unsuccessful Windows 10 updates can trigger the issue. Therefore, refresh the PC and go for a restart. This normally helps users resolve this problem instantly. In case the error persists, try the next step.
Solution 2: Install the latest update
To avoid this error, it is better to install the latest updates of Windows 10. Go to the settings panel and click on “update and security”. After that, go through the wizard information and install the available updates. If you need assistance with this particular step, get in touch with our customer support.
Solution 3: Boot into Safe Mode
Finally, restart your PC and press F5 to boot into safe mode. After that, check if the Start menu is functioning correctly.
Brilliant Tips To Avoid Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error
The solutions provided in this article will help you troubleshoot the error rapidly. However, it is always preferable to avoid the issue in its first place.
- Always enable the latest updates of your Windows 10 version.
- Do not run any unnecessary background applications.
- Also, never keep your PC open for too long.
- Refresh the PC once in a while.
Related Blog: How to Fix Error Code 0x80240438 on Windows 10?
Dial the Windows customer support number for instant aid
If you ever come across with any windows related hurdles then you are suggested to dial the Windows customer support number +1-855-971-1879 accessible 24/7/365 days—in every part across the nation and around the globe.
In case you are still unable to resolve the error, there might be some specific hidden hardware or software issues. Do not worry as our experts can troubleshoot the problem quickly and make things work for you again. With years of valuable experience in the market, providing you with the best possible solutions is not at all difficult for us. Therefore, get in touch with us right away and avail immediate assistance from our support executives.
Apart from that, you can also send us an email stating your exact query at our official email ID. On receiving your email, our support executives will get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, you can directly talk to our engineers via the live chat option. We are available round the clock at your service. No matter what problem you are facing, we can offer trusted solutions within your budget.