“This app can’t run on your PC” is one of the most common error messages which is encountered by Windows 10 users while trying to run the app on their PC. This error message can affect any and all Windows software and applications. In addition, the error message can also affect multiple applications on the same computer.
Generally, if the SmartScreen feature is turned on you can notice this error message. Also sometimes, an outdated version of the Operating System can also cause this error. Another effective reason is that if the system files are corrupted or damaged on the system.
Therefore, if you are also dealing with this error message then this article will help you out. The following are some of the most effective procedures that you can use to try and get rid of the error instantly.
Procedures to Fix This App Can’t Run on Your PC Issue:
In this section, we are going to discuss some of the easy and useful tricks and procedures to troubleshoot this particular error message on the system. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Procedure 1 – Update the Latest Version of the Operating System
An older version of the Operating System can cause this problem on your computer. So, you need to update the Operating System immediately. To perform this procedure, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, hold the Windows key and at the same time press the I key to open the Settings window.
- From the Settings window, locate the Update & Security section, select it.
- In the Update & Security window, go to the left side panel and select the Update section.
- On the right side window, you will find the Check for updates button, click on it to check whether any updates are available or not. If yes, then select the update button.
- After completing the update process, reboot the device and then check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Procedure 2 – Turn On the Sideload Apps
Turning on the sideload apps is one of the effective procedures that we have shared to eliminate this problem on your computer. If the sideload apps feature is turned off then you can see this error message. Now, do the following to turn it on:
- At first, press the Windows logo key along with the I key to launch the Settings window.
- In the Settings window, double-click on the Update & Security section.
- From the Update & Security window, select the For developers tab from the left side panel.
- In the Use Developer features window, tick on the Sideload Apps button to turn it on. After turning it on check whether the error message still occurs or not. If you find this problem then you should move to the next one.
Procedure 3 – Use a New Administrator Account
If you are on a guest account then you should try to switch a new administrator account. Already if you have an administrator account but the error message still pops up then, you can easily create a new administrator account to resolve the error. To do so follow the steps:
- Firstly, right click on the Windows icon to open the WinX Menu list and choose the Settings option.
- From the Settings window, double-click on the Accounts button and then select the Family & other people tab from the left side panel.
- In the right window, scroll down the page and find the Other People tab and then select the Add someone else to this PC button.
- In the next window, you will see I don’t have this person’s sign-in information button, click on it. After that, select the Add a user without a Microsoft account button. From the next window, enter your personal details and then select the Next button.
- Now you will find that the new administrator account has been created. Once it is created, you have to switch to the new account. So, click on the new account and then select the Change account type option. From the Change account type section, select the Administrator button to switch your account.
Procedure 4 – Turn Off the SmartScreen
By turning off the SmartScreen feature can also help you to fix the This app can’t run on your PC error message on the system. The SmartScreen is an in-built feature of Windows 10 which is designed to save your computer from malware infection phishing attacks. If this feature is enabled then also you may get this error on your computer. So, it is essential to turn it off. Now, do the following:
- Hold down the Windows button and press the S key to launch the Search box, type Change SmartScreen settings and then hit the Enter key.
- In the SmartScreen settings window, go to the Security tab and then find the Windows SmartScreen and select the Change Settings button.
- After that, click on the Do not do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) button to disable it.
- After doing this, restart the system and then check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Procedure 5 – Turn Off the Proxy or VPN
If the Proxy or VPN is enabled then you might get this error message on the system. So, you should simply turn it off in order to get the problem resolved. If you do not know how can you turn it off then, follow the under mentioned steps:
- From the keyboard, press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run box. Type Control Panel and then hit the Enter key or select the OK option.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Internet Options section.
- From the Internet Options window, move the cursor to the Connections Tab and then select the LAN Settings button.
- In the LAN Settings window, unmark on the Use a proxy server for your LAN button and then click on the OK option to save the changes.
- Once you are done with these steps, restart the machine and then check if this error message comes up or not.
Procedure 6 – Repair the Windows Files
Due to the corrupted Windows files can also cause this app can’t run on your PC error message on Windows 10 system. So, you have to repair this file by using the System File Checker tool. It is a built-in tool of Windows. To run this tool follow the steps given below:
- Open the Search Panel, type Command Prompt and then right-click on the search result. After that, select the Run as administrator button.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type SFC/scannow command and then press the Enter button to run this.
- Once the process is completed, reboot the device.
In order to solve This app can’t run on your PC error message, you will have to perform all the steps mentioned in the above section very carefully. With these procedures, you can easily fix this problem on your computer. However, if even after performing all the steps on the previous section, you are unable to eliminate this error message then do not worry. You can take help from an expert guide to get rid of this error message.