Users often come across this issue while they are making an attempt to update Windows system to add newly launched software and they are trying to make a connection to the download server. You will come across a message displayed as a “Windows Could Not Search For A New Update”. Not only Windows Vista is affected by this issue but also users who are working with the Vista, XP as well as Windows version 7 are too encountered with this issue. To Fix 8024A000 Windows Update error, professionals have penned down the most appropriate solutions to help get rid of this unusual technical fault. Let’s see now.
Steps to Troubleshoot 8024A000 Windows Update Error
Step 1: Troubleshooter Mode
This is quite an easy process to get the error fixed instantly by applying an automatic troubleshooter. To do this, follow below instructions:
- Navigate to the Search bar section which will appear on the start menu or one can easily access it from the home screen section.
- The next step is to enter the “Troubleshooting” steps and select the Settings tap icon if necessary
- Open carefully the troubleshooting section and then exactly under the System and Security icon, click on the “Fix problems with Windows Update” icon.
Step 2: Reset the Windows update components on manual way
- Click on the Start icon and then hit the “All Programs” option. Tap on the “Accessories” icon and then right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ icon
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- If you find that a notification has been received from the User Account Control icon then, simply hit on the “Continue” icon now.
- Now, at the command prompt section one carefully needs to type following below mentioned commands and next you need to press the “ENTER” icon after each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop cryptsvc
- Users are requested to hit on the “Command Prompt” window to proceed ahead.
- Now in the command prompt section, please type below wcommands, and then hit the ‘Enter” icon after typing each command:
ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old
ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Make sure that you do not close the Command Prompt window.
- The next users need to do is to copy and then, paste the text into a new Notepad file and save the file as WindowsUpdate.BAT.
- After saving the file properly, the icon will change from a Notepad file into a BAT file which comprise of two blue cogs and will appear as an icon.
Step 3: Restart the services for your Windows Update
- Hit on the Start icon and then click on “All Programs” icon. Next one needs to hit on the “Accessories” icon and right-click on the ‘Command Prompt” icon
- Hit on the “Run as Administrator” icon next.
- If a user is again receiving a notification as “User Account Control” then, click Continue .
- Type the following commands as mentioned below:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start cryptsvc
Get in Touch at Windows 10 Support Number +1-855-971-1879 to resolve all types of Windows issue
We are accessible by users all day long to assist them in fixing up minute to minute queries as and when needed by them. Customers are encouraged to reach us at Windows 10 Support Number +1-855-971-1879 to fix up their faults promptly. Call us now and get all your queries solved at.
Related Blog- How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80073712 ?