You may receive error code 0x80073712 on Windows when you try to install updates from Windows Update or Microsoft Update, and the update does not install. This error code 80073712 may happen if the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted. The other reasons behind the occurrence of this error include Windows failed, corrupted or missing file Windows Update, and so on. Then don’t worry about it, as it is defined by reported to Windows tech support team, it can be easily fixed. Well, here the blog will guide step-by-step instruction how to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80073712, through simple procedure or methods.
Methods to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80073712:-
Method 1:- Run the System File Checker (SFC.exe)
The easiest accurate method, you need to do for fixing error code 0x80073712, through running the System File Checker.
- Then open up the command prompt window on your computer.
- After opening a command prompt, you will need to type “Sfc /scan now”.
- Then hit “Enter” button.
If this error is persists, then you go to the next step.
Step 2:- Install the Updates Again
- First, you have to close all the running applications on your system.
- Then open the computer’s DVD drive and insert Windows 7 DVD, and then click “Install Now” in the Setup window.
- Press on “Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation” option.
- Select the version of Windows which you would wish to “Upgrade” or “Inplace” in the “Install Windows” screen.
- After installation, reboot your computer and then run Windows Update to check if the error is resolved.
If the error is not resolved, then you have required fixing it manually, then go to the next step.
Step 3:- Download and Run the System Update Software By Manually Fix It
- You have to download and run the System Update Tool like ‘System Update Readiness Tool’ and then install the updates again.
- The tool checks your computer for inconsistencies, and help to prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, software, etc.
I hope all the above methods will help to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80073712.
But, still, if this error is pressing, then you should contact to Windows technical support to get instant help.
Windows Customer Support Number Is Available 24×7 To Your Help:-
Dial Windows Technical Support Number, which is a toll-free number and available 24×7/365 days, and gets immediate online help. This number will connect you with the team of our well qualified and experienced technicians, who can give you comprehensive support & steps to fix this error. Hence, you can get outstanding and reliable solutions through technicians to solve other kinds of any Windows error or issues.