The “libcef.dll” is an essential system file developed by Trend Micro Inc. for Windows operating systems. Dll files or Dynamic Link Libraries are external parts of applications that run on Windows and other operating systems. The introduction of libcef.dll files made things simpler and easier. Moreover, it saves a big amount of money. With all these goodies, the libcef.dll files develop some error. Sometimes the OS or the software fails to find the concerned libcef.dll files and you receive a message saying, “Windows Missing libcef.dll file” on your screen.
If you get such error message suddenly while working on your pc, you have clicked on the right link. Ignoring this kind of issues can lead to serious damage. Call our experts today to work smoothly with your files.
What is Windows Missing libcef.dll file Issue
Don’t you know anything about DLL? Are you the newbie to Windows? Have you gotten the libcef.dll missing error? If yes, then this blog will benefit you in every way. By reading this blog, you will be able to Fix Windows Missing libcef.dll file in the short while.
DLL is also called as “Dynamic Link Library”. In many DLL files, libcef.dll File is the most popped error. The Libcef.dll is a kind of DLL file related with Maximum Security 2012 created by Trend Micro Inc. the newest famous version of Libcef.dll is 188.8.131.52. The DLL files let executable, sharable files works outside of software application.
In an optional way, you can refer the Windows Support modes. Yes, it is not fake information. I am not at all faking you. You always have franchised with three modes—cyber, phone, or distant. All you need to give a damn about your available devices. The offered devices are—phone, team viewer, or Internet system. Have a look at the steps I am going to line up below:
1st Steps to Fix Windows Missing libcef.dll file:
Method 1: Register missed Libcef.dll Files
Register the missed Libcef.dll Files on the system. Steps to go:
- Hover over the taskbar menus. Menus locate at the lower-left of the screen.
- You need to click on the “Start” button.
- You need to type “command” into the search field. Don’t click on [Enter] till now!
- While pressing & holding [CTRL-Shift] key, press [Enter] key.
- You will get a permission dialog box.
- You need to click on “Yes”.
- Type the command: “regsvr32 /u libcef.dll” (without double quotes).
- Press [Enter].
- It’ll un-register your file.
- Type the command: “regsvr32 /i libcef.dll” (without double quotes).
- Click [Enter] key. It’ll re-register your file.
- Close black screen window
- You need to re-start the program related with the libcef.dll error.
Method 2: Make a Windows System Restore
- You need to click on “Start” taskbar menu. The taskbar menus position at the lower-left of the screen.
- You will get search bar in front of you.
- In the given search bar, enter “System Restore”.
- In the search results, you need to click on “System Restore’.
- You need to enter an administrator password in the relevant field if you ever prompted.
- Follow the Wizard steps to get a relevant restore point.
- Restart your PC.
Method 3: Install Windows System Updates
You need to install Windows System Updates on the daily basis.
Are you facing any issues while missing DLL files?
Frequent problems that come up while using libcef.dll files
One of the most common errors that Window users face is with missing libcef.dll files. If you receive a notification saying the libcef.dll file is missing, do not worry, we can definitely help. First, you should know why such error messages are being displayed on your screen.
DLLs Are Outdated
It is common that outdated files won’t support in your devices. You have to opt for updated DLL files.
Downloaded libcef.dlls files are Infected
The downloaded DLL files might contain viruses or other malware that can infect your PC. These are the frequent problems that Windows users encounter while accessing the DLL file extensions. Thus error messages pop-ups saying “Missing DLL Files”. The error can be caused by due to several reasons:
- An invalid libcef.dll registry entry
- The file is deleted by mistake
- A program is uninstalled from the libcef.dll file.
2nd Comprehensive Solution to fix Windows Missing libcef.dll file
Don’t feel lost or devastated with technical glitches that sabotage the performance of your Windows software. Check out the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error in your device.
- Register your name in libcef.dll by accessing Microsoft Register Server:
- Click the Start button and type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL+Shift on your keyboard and then hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box. Click Yes.
- Type the command “regsvr32 /u libcef.dll” and hit enter to unregister your file.
- When done type in the command: “regsvr32 /i libcef.dll” and hit enter again to re-register the file.
- Close the command prompt window and restart the program associated with a libcef.dll error.
- Remove libcef.dll files from recycle bin:
- Simply double-click the Recycle Bin icon.
- In the upper right-hand corner, search for libcef.dll.
- If a libcef.dll file appears in the search results, select it, and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98/Me = C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 = C:\Windows\System32\
- 64-bit Windows = C:\Windows\System32\
- After moving your libcef.dll file, restart your computer
- Scan your system:
Install an antivirus software on your computer and scan your device. Wait for few seconds until scanning is completed. Delete the malicious file if not required and see if you keep facing the problem.
- Update Driver:
Outdated drivers can also trigger the error. Update drivers like graphics and audio. Generally, Windows updates hardware drivers automatically; but if fails to function, error codes are triggered.
- Run System File Checker
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box
- Press the CTRL and Shift key together on your keyboard and hit ENTER.
- Click Yes to open a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc /scannow” and hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will begin scanning for libcef.dll and other system file problems (be patient – the system scan may take a while).
Related Blog: How to Fix wldcore.dll Missing Error in Windows Live Mail?
Learn Beneficial Facts about Windows Support!
Windows Missing libcef.dll file still not working properly even after performing these solutions? Do not panic! You can fix the error in Windows 10 with our reliable customer service. We are always there for you to assist you. We have our experienced technicians at Windows Support to guide you. Moreover, we are available for 24*7 so that you can get in touch with us anytime you want.
Are you still coming across any issues while missing DLL files? If yes, then you don’t need to wait anymore. All you need to make it is to get on your smartphone to dial the +1-855-971-1879 Windows Customer Support Number. Ringing the toll-free number will connect to professionals. These Windows are available there to welcome your queries on the spot. Don’t wait! Come on! Get direct Aid!