The error 0x80070057 is primarily caused due to a faulty system configuration of your Windows. If you are a Windows user you might suffer the Windows Update Error 0x80070057 in your computer all of a sudden. There is no need to worry as you can get easy solutions from here. This error code is a bit critical as compared to the other error codes. So this needs special ways to be recovered. But, before resolving you need to know about the causes of Windows Update Error 0x80070057.
Why Windows Update Error 0x80070057 Occurs?
As said earlier, this problem is a bit critical and hence needs special methods to be fixed. You need to analyze the exact cause behind this malfunctioning to come up with a perfect solution. So some of the common reasons are discussed below.
- Your recent Windows update can be a reason for this. This is because the database of your Windows can be corrupted thereby, showing the error code.
- Using third-party antivirus can be another reason. Usually, these antivirus versions are configured to scan “%Windir%\SoftwareDistribution” folder present in your computer.
- The Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is unable to fetch the content link header.
- Improper registering of a system file which is required can show you this message.
- The action of harmful malware corrupts your system sometimes which may force your system to show the Error Code 0x80070057.
- A change in the Settings of your operating system can face this problem. Ensure that the settings are properly done.
Solutions To Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Solutions are not hard to find nowadays. All you need is to conduct a proper research about your issues. Computer errors are very frustrating which is why we provide you with quick solutions for Windows Update Error 0x80070057.
Update The Troubleshooter
- Go to the “Start” button and then you search for “Settings” in the search box.
- The Settings Window appears on your screen.
- Then go to the “Update & Security” option.
- Now, select the “Troubleshooter” option from the new Window.
- Click on the “Windows Update” option.
- At first, you need to Backup your registry.
- Then open “Run” from your keyboard using Win + R button.
- Type “regedit” and press the enter button.
- Now you have to go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificate.
- Then right-click with your mouse and select “New > DWORD32” and rename it as “CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo” and put the value as 1.
- After these processes are over, restart your machine and see if the problem persists or not.
End “.exe” Process
- Press “Ctrl + Alt + Del” keys from the keyboard to open the “Task Manager” of your system.
- The Task Manager Window opens.
- Then you have to switch to the “Processes” tab.
- Search for “.exe” process.
- After you locate the “.exe” process, right-click on it and select “End Process”.
- The “.exe” process will terminate from your system until you create the process from the Task Manager again.
Stay In Touch With Windows Customer Support For More Help
If the problem still persists and you are finding no clue to solve them, contact at +1-855-971-1879 Windows Customer Support number to resolve this. They have one of the best computer servicemen in this industry. You will find just the type of service you require for your issue. Their efficient technicians will work hard to assure you a proper service. The solutions they will implement will be effective enough and you will not face any recurring issues regarding this error code.