Although the use of Windows Live Mail feature is not in vogue, some Microsoft users still stick to it. Windows Live Mail error id 0x800ccc0f is one such error which you generally encounter while using Windows Live Mail.
When you stumble upon the error message termed as ‘Unable to send or receive messages for the [your account name]’, your server terminates the connection all of a sudden. The most probable causes for this issue are the problems in the server, network issues, a prolonged period of inactivity and many more.
Moreover, this error takes place owing to several other factors. Therefore, we suggest you try each of the solutions in order to counteract this error.
Therefore, delve into the top 10 tips to resolve the above-mentioned issue:
Convenient Tricks To Prevent Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f
You can go through under-mentioned hacks to prevent the above-mentioned issue:
Modifying the Ports
The first resort is to pull your port settings. In order to initiate the process, modify the port and change it to 995. Please ensure that you tick the SSL checkbox.
Moreover, set your port to 465 for the purpose of outgoing emails and now activate SSL. Now, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Deactivate the Third Party Antivirus Temporarily
This step mainly involves switching off the third-party antivirus since it creates a major problem with the Windows Live Mail client. After doing this manipulation, if the issue ceases to exist, then you can contact the manufacturer. Otherwise, you can change the antivirus.
Scanning the System for Malware
If deactivating antivirus doesn’t solve this problem, you can perform a thorough scan for the system. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the scan effectively in Windows 10:
- In order to begin the process, move to the Start menu.
- After that, click on the Settings tab. Now, press Update and Security.
- Then, click on Windows Defender. Now, you can press the option termed as Open Windows Defender. Thereafter, click on Full.
In Windows 8.1, you need to go to the Start Menu. Now, enter “Windows Defender” in the search bar. After that, click the option labeled as Windows Defender. Now, click on Update and click on Home. After that, move to the Scan option and click on Full. Finally, press Scan now.
In Windows 7, you just need to follow the path below.
Start -> Type ‘Defender’ into the Search box -> Windows Defender -> Scan
Uninstall as Well as Reinstall of Windows Live Mail
This step helps many users who stumble upon the Windows Live Mail error ID 800ccc0f. Let’s have a look at the under mentioned steps to accomplish this:
- First of all, you have to open the Start Menu. After that, move to the Control Panel and click on the Programs tab.
- Now, move to the Programs and Features tab. Then, pinpoint the Windows Live Mail option. Now, click on Uninstall to end this process.
Finally, install it again to examine if you encounter and send messages through Windows Live Mail feature.
Troubleshooting the Network Error
If the above-mentioned issue still persists, then there might be a problem in the network.
Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that you must follow to know how to fix Windows Live Mail error ID 0x800ccc0f:
- In order to begin, click on Start. From there, move to Control Panel. Now, click on Network and Internet.
- After that, move to Network and Sharing Center. Then, click on Fix a Network Problem.
- In order to begin, click on Start. Then, navigate to Control Panel.
- After that, click on Network and Internet.
- Then, press on View network status and tasks.
- After that, press Troubleshoot problems option. Now, you will find the Network and Internet Troubleshooter tab.
- Now, go for the option Fix a Network Problem to complete the process.
- In order to initiate the process, press the combination of Windows as well as S key in order to open the Search box. Now, enter Network troubleshooter without using quotes.
- Now, choose Identify and repair network problems from the available list.
- Finally, go through the on-screen instructions that pop up in the troubleshooter.
Reinstalling Network Adapter
Incessant occurence of Windows Live Mail error ID 0x800ccc0f signifies that network adapter is severely damaged. In such a situation, you might take the help of Device Manager. Below are the steps that you can follow to accomplish this:
- In order to begin the process, press the combination of Windows as well as X key. Now, click on Device Manager.
- After that, find out the network adapter. Then, you can right-tap on it and press Uninstall.
- In order to initiate the process, you can right-tap on Windows logo icon. Then, click on the Quick Access Menu.
- Now, choose Device Manager from the available list.
- Furthermore, choose the designated network adapter. After that, just right-click on it and press Uninstall.
- First of all, click on Start. After that, move to Computer and then right-click on it.
- Furthermore, click on Manage and now, you will get through with the Computer Management Screen.
- Moreover, click on the Device Manager. Then, you can right-click on the network device. After that, click on Uninstall.
After you uninstall the network adapter, you can reboot the system. With the help of the OS, you can reinstall the driver automatically. If this is not the case, you can download the latest version from the manufacturer’s website and then, start installing it in your PC.
Updating Network Driver
In order to initiate the process, you need to open the Device Manager. After that, choose network adapter from the available list. and select Update Driver Software option. If the Device Manager fails to perform this, you need to solve this manually.
You can do this by searching on the Internet the version you require. You can always use any specific software in order to update the driver in a single click.
Use of Windows Live Mail in Another Windows Account
If you encounter Windows Live Mail error, it signifies that the Windows account is having certain problems and requires immediate change. In this case, you might think of another account and then go ahead running the mail agent. If this workaround is effective, you should use the new account.
Opening Windows Live Mail in a Different P.C.
The worst part of the story is the root cause of the problem which lies with the computer. If the Windows Live Mail account is compatible with another system, you should undergo thorough checkup of the system. This can also take place from the non-optimal settings or there may be accumulated junk of corrupted files.
If you use any suitable software, it can be of great help in this regard. With the help of proper tools, you can optimize the performance of the PC and make other apps or programs run in an effective fashion.
This section will tell you how to fix Windows Live Mail error ID 0x800ccc0f through the registry files. If the above workarounds are not effective, then there might be a problem in the registry.
It might contain unauthenticated keys or corrupted entries that can hamper your system, thereby, leading to this disgusting error. Therefore, to counteract this issue you have to repair the registry thereby eliminating the mail client problem.
You can do so using any specific Registry Cleaner.
To Sum It Up
To wrap up this discussion, we must say that all the effective hacks pertaining to Windows Live Mail error 0x800ccc0f are mentioned in this informative guide. Therefore, if you follow each and every step thoroughly, you can surely be able to fix this issue in no time.
Moreover, you can refer to the user manual for a quick glance. Apart from this, you can feed your comment in the comment section.